ABOUT THE FUND – CLASS A UNITS – AU60WHT00618
The Plato Global Shares Income Fund is a long-only equity income fund that aims to maximise retirement income for pension phase investors and SMSFs.
The Fund aims to provide an annual yield that exceeds the yield of the MSCI World ex Australia, Net Returns Unhedged Index after fees. The Fund also aims to outperform the MSCI World ex Australia, Net Returns Unhedged Index.
MSCI World ex Australia, Net Returns Unhedged Index.
In this short video Dr Don Hamson provides an overview of the Plato Global Shares Income fund.
- An equity long-only approach
- Managed specifically for tax exempt investors such as pension phase retirees / SMSFs and charities.
- Highly active (+200% turnover) and rotate through quality global income paying stocks during the calendar year.
- Takes advantage of income opportunities such as special dividends
- Targeting capital appreciation through dividend run up
- Avoids dividend traps
- Unhedged to the Australian dollar
- Aims to outperform the Benchmark on a total return basis (both capital and income)
- Pays monthly distribution, subject to the Fund having sufficient distributable income
- Australian equities has limited sectors to access vs global markets.
- The top 6 yielding stocks in Australia provide approximately 50% of ASX 200 income (Plato Research)
- Greater access to different markets within different economic cycles
IMPROVED ASSET ALLOCATION
- More global stocks going ex-dividend in every month of the year
- Diversification across industries such as energy, electronics, software and telecommunications
- More opportunity for capital appreciated leading into ex-dividend dates (also called dividend run-up)
- In comparison to Australian stocks, where the top dividend payers are dominated by banks and telcos” (Plato Research)
- investment expertise – access to Plato’s investment expertise and quantitative portfolio optimisation techniques;
- regular distributions – investors in the Fund have the right to receive distributions which are usually paid monthly; and
- income and capital growth – the potential to earn dividends from global shares and participate in any capital growth of those shares.
The Fund invests in a diverse global investment universe to actively capture an increased level of dividend income and capital appreciation via dividend run-up.
The Fund is also managed to minimise the typical risks of naïve yield strategies and avoid dividend traps.
AVAILABILITY AND DETAILS
The Fund invests a minimum of 90% in global listed entities and maximum of 10% in cash, although the Fund is intended to be fully invested with cash and futures held for liquidity purposes and to manage cashflow and investment exposure. The Fund will typically hold a minimum of 100 stocks and the holding of each stock will not be more than 3% of the Fund.
- AMP North
- BT Panorama
- BT Wrap
- ClearView WealthSolutions
- IOOF Portfolio Service
- IOOF Pursuit Select
- Macquarie Wrap
- Management Fee: 0.99% p.a. (inclusive of the net effect of GST and take into account any expected Reduced Input Tax Credits (‘RITCs’))
- Buy/Sell Spread: +0.30%/-0.30%
- Minimum initial investment: $30,000 (or less at the discretion of the Responsible Entity. Does not apply to IDPS investments)